woensdag 22 augustus 2007

Silly Kayleigh goes home.




Kayleigh goes home. After being here 9 years she will leave 4-ever. Look how silly she can be. She just turned 18! Passed her HAVO exam and now new things are coming her way. I always told her friends (and boyfriend) that she is not just a girl from the block. Kids from divorced parents live in two worlds - Always - for the rest of their lives! So Kayleigh (or as we call her DiDi) has a whole world waiting on her in Indiana. She will take off the end of this month! As a dad I wonder "Did I prepare her as well as I could; faith, boys, money, honesty all that good stuff." I guess watching her lately she is a teenager after all; the same sometimes wise and sometimes stupid teen I was when I was her age! I hope things go well for her. I hope she finds what she is looking for. I am excited about her meeting with her dad and stepmom and little sister again. We tried to introduce her to the One who is always there, who will never leave her. The best thing that happenend to her was finding her Healer and Redeemer. I hope and pray she will be wise, make responsible choices and grow closer to the One.

Kayleigh, I love you! Have a safe and God-filled journey!

Pap

1 opmerking:

Paul zei

Hey Ben! Must be difficult to see your girl going somewhere else. I will post a pic of my daughter Sosha in the next couple of days on my own blog - one pic with her dad when she was a little girl and one picture showing what a pretty lady she has become now (13 years). Check it out. It is great to be a dad and it is even greater to know we have a BIG DAD looking after us all! Right?
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Wat BEN je stil! Gaat dat glaasje wijn nog door?